Vitamin C skin benefits
Vitamin C is widely known for its miraculous skin benefits. Vitamin C, which also goes by Ascorbic acid and L-ascorbic acid is an antioxidant, which means it protects skins cells from oxidants such as those found in environmental pollution and from UV induced photo damage. Moreover, Vitamin C promotes collagen production, which diminishes fine lines and wrinkles and is vital for youthful looking and supple skin.
Additionally, Vitamin C impedes melanin production in the skin thus preventing our epidermis from dark spots, lightens hyperpigmentation and helps even out skin tone.
Vitamin C is essential for a healthy looking and glowing skin!
Medik8 C-TETRA CREAM
I was first encouraged to try out Medik* C- TETRA Cream by my esthetician, claiming that it will help me with my hyperpigmentation and break outs. This face cream was a bit pricey (55 € per 50 ml jar) and I was reluctant at first, but finally I decided to give it a go.
This is a very lightweight cream, fast-absorbing and non-greasy but at the same time adding the right amount of moisture. I apply it day and night and it leaves my skin feeling hydrated and smooth. Over time I have notice that my complexion is more luminous and healthier looking. This moisturizer has reduced my hyperpigmentation and I am suffering considerably less from beak outs. I have a combination skin, which means that my T-Zone is oily, while on the perimeters of the face my skin is dry. Medik8 X-Tetra Cream has balanced my complexion significantly and my skin appears more uniform.
I really enjoy the light citrus smell of this moisturizer, while active vitamin c works to improve my skin’s texture and appearance and protect it from enviromental and UV rays damage.This cream works excellently under my SPF Sunscreen.
Overall, I am really impressed by this cream and I will keep using it (being in the second jar).
I would highly recommend this cream for oily or combination skin types, while for dry skin types I would suggest using it along with heavier moisturizer or a face oil.
- Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate: A lipid-soluble form of vitamin C that provides exceptional antioxidant protection from harmful free radicals, while stimulating collagen production.
- Vitamin E– A lipid-soluble antioxidant that is naturally present in the skin. Vitamin E protects the skin from free radicals and is regenerated by vitamin C for optimum power.
- Hyaluronic Acid– With a unique ability to attract and retain more than 1,000 times its own weight in water, hyaluronic acid draws moisture from the surrounding atmosphere into the skin, leaving the complexion both nourished and supple.
Price: £39 (Medik-8 UK -official site)
- No artificial fragrance
- No artificial colors
- Cruelty free
- 1. Pai, D.,2019, These vitamin C serums can brighten skin, reduce wrinkles and more, https://us.cnn.com/2019/10/15/cnn-underscored/vitamin-c-benefits-for-skin/index.html
- https://www.medik8.com/, 2020, C-TETRA CREAM Lipid Vitamin C Antioxidant Cream, https://www.medik8.com/c-tetra-cream.html